Monday, January 25, 2010

Mount Tamalpias Mountain Biking













Okay, something new to post... Yep, mountain biking. These pictures are of an awesome ride up on Mount Tamalpias. The shot with the vistas includes the ocean, just outside the golden gate, if you look carefully, you can see the north tower of the Golden Gate bridge and the Sutro tv tower.

Okay, something new to post... Yep, mountain biking. These pictures are of an awesome ride up on Mount Tamalpias. The shot with the vistas includes the ocean, just outside the golden gate, if you look carefully, you can see the north tower of the Golden Gate bridge and the Sutro tv tower.

I got a mountain bike about 6 months ago, maybe not quite that long ago. It was quite an interesting turn of events, which, as you may have guessed, I can go on and on...so, at the risk of being so predictable, here goes. So, actually, the timing can be traced back to a post I did a while back, on going skiing. I went with an old friend, Matt, I reunited with. We went skiing, and during our awesome ski trip, I said, I am really looking forward to getting a new mountain bike...so, trying to make a long story short, he says, I mountain bike. So, a couple weeks later, I am at the bike shop, texting back and forth with Matt, on what I am looking at, and he is texting me on what to look for, and say and request. So, after about 30 texts, I am leaving with a bike, super nice bike actually. Way nicer than I would have gotten without his help. Thanks Matt!! I hope you know how much I appreciate your help on that! So, I got a Trek EX9.0 something. Looking back, the previous post was in March, so I got the bike in April.

So, anyways, these guys rode with me for my birthday ride. Starting in Fairfax, and in the end, riding up and over the Bolinas Ridge and then down the super steep Willow Camp Trail into Stinson Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment