Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bozeman, Montana


John's a family friend, and a high school buddy I haven't talked with in say 25 years.  That said, I'm so glad I called.  The weekend unfolded like we'd been doing stuff together all that time.  John made elk tacos for us and his family, and we spent the nite on our way heading home.  I think he said he took his son on his first hunting trip when he got the elk.  Turn's out his older son is going to school at my alma mater, Santa Clara University.  I'm looking forward to having John and Janet over when they're in town visiting, and hopefully have Anderson over soon too.

 John's giving me a tour, while we do a couple 'chores'.
Like feeding the chickens our leftovers from last night.  We had some eggs from these guys for breakfast.  A blue, white and brown egg, for example.  Delicious.
All told, I think there were 7-8 barns or so.  This is the biggie and oldie.
We had to feed the horses.
Did we feed the dogs?  Love the dogs.  I forget their names.  There's also untold number of cats in the barn.  Did I mention the apple orchard in the backyard?  I think John said 26 trees.
Love the barn.
Thanks for the nice time!
John gave me a nice tour around Bozeman.  This is where he went to college.  Montana State.  A really nice campus, some old, and new buildings.  Apparently their media program is well funded and notable.  It's a beautiful setting, next to Bozeman, which is also got an attractive downtown.

Not many airports as nice as Bozeman.  Not much of a crowd either.

Bye Bozeman!  Thanks for the nice time!

Jib Jab with Tim
What a trip!  I am so fortunate to have the friends I do.  I can't stop thinking how so much of what's most memorable in my life is because of my friends.  My best bud, Mike invited me on this trip, while I was on a trip, to China.  As you can imagine, there were some complications.  Easily, there were 10 or 20 times I thought, okay, I can't do this.  Okay, this isn't going to work.  Okay, I tried, and it's too much.  Too hard.  Too complicated.  Too, too, too.  Joyce, thanks for taking the too much out of the flights!  Mike, thanks for being flexible with me, and John, thanks for skiing with us, and sharing your hospitality!


No comments:

Post a Comment